Deal completion with Homes England on former NHS Gloucester Centre site

Gloucester Centre - Homes England

Countryside Partnerships completes deal with Homes England on former NHS Gloucester Centre site to bring 99 new and affordable homes to Peterborough.

Leading regeneration specialist Countryside Partnerships East Midlands (formerly Vistry Partnerships East Midlands) have completed a deal with Homes England for the acquisition of land off Morpeth Close, Peterborough, on the site of the former NHS Gloucester Centre. Foundations for the new homes are just getting underway on site.

The 3.23 hectares of land was acquired through the Delivery Partner Panel 3 (DPP 3) procurement framework. 20% of the homes will be built using Modern Methods of Construction (timber frame), with the remaining 80% of homes being built using traditional masonry.

As part of the acquisition, a public consultation was undertaken in November 2021 with local residents and Parish council members. Countryside Partnerships East Midlands have been working closely with Peterborough City Council and Cross Keys Homes to help support the housing needs in the local area.

The development, named Orton Copse, will feature a mixture of 2-, 3- & 4-bedroom homes with a small number of 1- and 2-bedroom apartments. 65 of the units will be for affordable rent and shared ownership by Cross Keys Homes with the remaining 34 to be sold on the open market by Countryside Partnerships under the Bovis Homes brand.

The new site will help build upon the strong community in the area and give opportunity for local employment, suppliers and educational opportunities with schools and colleges.

Based in Southwest Peterborough, the mixed tenure site includes plans for new planting to support biodiversity and increase onsite native species in the area. Sustainable drainage for the area and a purpose built bat barn are also being incorporated.

Greg Wood, Land and Development Director from Countryside Partnerships East Midlands commented, “Orton Copse is our third project together in Peterborough with Cross Keys Homes and represents a significant milestone of our presence in Peterborough.


"By 2025, we will have built 335 more affordable homes in Peterborough. We are very excited to be contributing to this city and helping to provide affordable homes for those in need of them.”

Cross Keys Homes’ Chief Executive, Claire Higgins, said: “We are truly delighted to be working with Countryside Partnerships to develop this land and provide 65 much needed affordable homes for local people.

“We hope this development, together with the other almost 700 new homes we are currently building in Peterborough, will help to go some way to combating the housing crisis by providing good, quality homes that people can afford to live in.”

Orton Copse is anticipated to complete in 2025.