The Graduate Programme
At Countryside, you can join a highly motivated team of more than 2,000 employees in an enjoyable, modern working environment, that gives responsibility from the outset.
We believe that the success and achievements of so many employees who originally started their careers on our Graduate Scheme, is a real testament to the rewarding and comprehensive programme that we offer.
We are completely committed to developing future talent and investing our time and efforts into the Graduates of today, as we believe they will be the Directors of our future.
Applications for our 2022 scheme have now closed.
Applications for our 2023 scheme are likely to open in Autumn 2022 for start in October 2023.
Please note the following key milestones for applications to our 2022 scheme:
- Applications will be accepted until 31st January 2022.
- All applicants will receive a response to their application by 7th February 2022.
- Successful applicants will then be invited to one of our assessment centres, taking place throughout February and March 2022.
- If you are successful at the assessment centre, we will then invite you to your final stage interview, throughout late March and early April 2022.
- We will be issuing offers by the end of April 2022.
- Our successful Graduates can then enjoy their summer, before commencing their new role with Countryside on the 3rd October 2022.
For any additional queries, please contact our Recruitment Team at [email protected]
Our Graduate Scheme
Our Graduate scheme is designed for those Graduates who would like to experience many different aspects of our business. This allows you to gather a detailed insight into each department and the respective responsibilities before settling on a career path.
We aim to arm you with a wealth of knowledge and experience by providing as much exposure and opportunity as desired.
Our scheme spans across 2 years, throughout which you will undertake a variety of rotations, ranging from 2 weeks to 6 months in various departments of the business. This allows you to experience the whole housebuilding process from start to finish.
Rotations will include working within the following teams:
- Construction - Production roles, based on site, involved in the physical build of our Developments
- Development - Controlling & coordinating projects from land acquisition through to completion
- Customer Service - All customer interaction after units are sold, all defects, queries, complaints and feedback
- Land & Planning - Buying and securing land & planning permission, liaison with local planning authorities
- Strategic Land - Identifying, assessing and buying large areas of mixed use land & acquiring permissions
- Technical - Technically design and manage schemes from pre-construction through to completion
- Sales - Customer facing role throughout sales process, from the show home to home handover
- Marketing - Promotion of our brand and our products, public affairs, stakeholder relations & media
- Commercial - Managing and advising on the financial & contractual aspects of Construction
We give our Graduates real responsibility in their roles, enabling you to take ownership of everything you do, with the support and guidance of our experienced teams.
At the end of the programme, you will work together with your line manager and mentor to identify the areas of the business that you have enjoyed the most and have been the most successful in. Once you have identified the area you would like to work in, we will work with the business to facilitate your promotion into your desired role.
An existing Graduate in the business that can guide you through processes, give you advice on further study and accreditations, give you an honest opinion and answer any questions that you might have. Your Buddy is always at the end of the phone and you can arrange to meet formally or informally at any time!
You are matched with a mentor that has differing strengths to encourage you to develop your own. You will normally meet with your mentor on a monthly basis, but this can be as regularly as you feel you need to! They provide you with advice based on their own experience and what they expect of Graduates that rotate through their own departments. Our mentors are senior members of the team, typically Director level, that are incredibly passionate and dedicated to the progression Graduates.
At the beginning of each new rotation, you will have allocated time with the leader of the department to identify targets and objectives for you to achieve by the end of that rotation. The department leader will confirm to you what the Graduate role within their team is but also to identify areas and projects that you can nominate yourself to be involved in for your own progression. These targets are regularly reviewed throughout your rotation to ensure you are happy and getting the exposure you want.
As you will be joining a current network of Graduates at various stages through their programme, there is a wonderful community for you to become a part of. The Graduates meet regularly and take turns to arrange and chair meetings, to discuss current industry topics, current projects within their rotations and to share knowledge. They also maintain a healthy social life and enjoy many events throughout the year together!
We encourage you to study for formal qualifications and will fully support your desire to become accredited. Most of our Graduates study for their APC throughout the duration of their programme, and we are able to fully support you to become RICS / RTPI / RIBA or ICIOB accredited. As we fully support further study, you are welcome to apply for our programme even if you have studied a non-construction degree, some of our best graduates come from wider degrees and pursue further study with us, relevant to their chosen field!