BE INSPIRED - Family theme nights are here to stay
Life’s a movie!
If you’re planning a fun family night at home this summer, then why not create your own outdoor movie theatre? Gather your nearest and dearest, grab some tasty snacks and simply kick back and relax watching your favourite flick under the starry summer sky.
The real beauty of a home cinema night is that you can make it your own. Whether you want to hire a big screen and projector, invite the neighbours, and make an evening of it - or you just want to keep things simple and DIY it with a white sheet hung over the garden fence, it’s totally up to you. Either way, it’s a sure-fire way to make memories!
Simple Little Things
So, what might you need to get started? Why not begin with the basics and work your way up - the key is to keep your viewers feeling super cosy and comfortable through the film. Here’s a few key items to set you on your way:
- Projector - don’t forget to hook your laptop up to this if you’re DIY-ing it.
- A big screen - this can be hired online or a big white sheet will do pretty perfectly.
- Comfy seating - whether that’s bean bags, deck chairs or cushions on the grass.
- Blankets - softer furnishings will only increase your comfort, so really go for it.
- Popcorn and pic n mix - or your favourite tasty treats
- Delicious drinks - hot and cold
- Tissues - whether you’re sobbing at a tearjerker or crying with laughter at your fave comedy
- Outdoor lighting - from solar fairy lights to citronella candles, add some ambience with these easy additions.
Bring the big screen home to your family this summer and make memories in your home that last a lifetime.